Spout Press – Publicity/Social Media Intern
Spout Press is looking for a Publicity/Social Media Intern to help promote the brand, upcoming book releases, Spout events and other activities. This is an unpaid internship with a six month commitment.
- Create and distribute press releases and documents to promote upcoming titles
- Contact potential reviewers for books
- Reach out to institutions to host release events, or help promote authors
- Update social channels including Facebook and Twitter
- Use social analytics tools to gain insights to continually improve use of social channels
- Friend/follow individuals, groups, brands, and others that have content related to Spout Press and our mission
- Comment/retweet/share content to engage with fans and the people we follow
- Other duties as they arise with specific projects
- Individual must be able to commit 2-5 hours per week
- Interest in publishing, or love for reading a plus
Spout Press – Graphic Design Intern
Spout Press is looking for a Graphic Design intern to work on layout and document designs for our press. This is an unpaid internship with a six month commitment.
- Use design skills to layout books ranging from poetry, flash fiction and chap book series
- Create cover designs for books
- Design forms and documents to go along with the Spout Press brand. This may include flyers, emails, forms, posters, postcards, social media content, website content, infographics, etc.
- Website design and knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Knowledge of PhotoShop a plus
- Must be able to provide own computer and design software